We, Alcyone Legal GmbH, build and operate marketplaces for legal services. We operate this website in our effort to connect clients who seek legal advice with qualified lawyers who can provide this advice. If you are someone who seeks legal advice, you can use the contact options on our website, in particular our form.
§ 1 Preliminary remarks
1. Unless you submit a request through our form, you can use our website without providing any personal information. If any personal data (such as name, address or e-mail address) is collected on our website, this is done on a voluntary basis as far as possible. This data will not be disclosed to third parties without your explicit consent.
2. We use technical and organizational security measures to ensure that your personal information is protected against loss, inaccuracies or unauthorized access by third parties. In particular, we make every effort to prevent any automatic read-out of our website and the databases by third parties. In any case, only authorized persons have access to your personal data, and only to the extent necessary for the purpose mentioned above. Please note, however, that data transmission over the Internet (e.g. when communicating via e-mail or when using our form) can be vulnerable. There is no means to completely protect date from unauthorized access by third parties.
4. Here, we will inform you about
- what data we collect from your visit to our website,
- how this data is used by us and
- if and with whom we share this data.
§ 2 Responsible agency
The agency responsible for data collection, processing and use is Alcyone Legal GmbH, An der Welle 4, 60322 Frankfurt am Main, Germany, phone: +49 69 87205470, email: email@example.com. The imprint contains further information on our company.
§ 3 Principles of data protection
1. We treat all personal data transmitted to us in accordance with the applicable data protection laws. This means that we, in principle, do not share this data with third parties without your prior consent. However, it may be shared with third parties that process payments or perform other contractual or technical services on our behalf.
2. We undertake not to collect, store, modify, block or delete personal data protected by the Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (Federal Data Protection Act – BDSG) or share this data with third parties in any way, for any other purpose other than the lawful performance of tasks. This obligation to maintain data privacy continues until the deletion of the respective personal data. In addition, our employees are obligated to observe privacy and to comply with all relevant privacy and data protection regulations.
3. Our technical infrastructure ensures reliable protection against access to and modification of data by unauthorized third parties (data security and integrity). In doing so we assure that the basic requirements of the data protection regulations of German and EU law are adhered to by us and all of our cooperation partners and service providers, even if the data is processed and/or stored outside of Germany. As far as possible and appropriate, we will obligate third parties to appropriate data protection.
- “Personal data” is the data of a person which personally identifies them, e.g. the name, address, e-mail address or telephone number or other non-public information.
- “Anonymous data” is data that is not related to personal information; Individuals cannot be identified by anonymous data.
§ 4 Type and scope of the collected, stored and processed data
1. We use various types of data to operate this website and to provide our services. This data is partly explicitly provided by the respective user, partly required for the use of this website and partly collected through the mere use of this website and its services.
2. If you send us e-mail messages or other communications, we will store these communications to process your request, respond to questions, and improve the quality of our website and our products and services.
3. Communication via this website occurs via an encrypted internet connection (SSL). Any data storage occurs on internet-connected servers in Germany. In addition, as part of the client relationship, e-mails may be sent which may contain client- and case-related information. Such communication will occur directly and indirectly both with the respective lawyer and with us.
4. If you submit your request to us, in particular via our form, including all data entered in this context, you agree to be in contact via the email address that you submit and you agree to the storage of the resulting client-relationship and case data / files on German Internet servers both by us and the attorney and release the respective attorney in this respect from confidentiality in connection with attorney-client-privilege.
§ 5 Data collected directly in connection with the use of the website
1. Alcyone Legal GmbH
We use third-party services to assess the effectiveness of our website and our services and to determine how our website and our services are used. For this purpose, we use web beacons and cookies provided by third-party providers. Information collected includes visited pages, navigation patterns, and similar data. This data enables us to find out which product information is most interesting to our customers. We determine how this data may be used or should not be used. Although a cookie itself does not contain any personal data, if you provide personal data while visiting the website and do not delete the cookie from your browser after entering this data, the provider will record the non-personal data stored in the cookie (e.g. the number of visits) and stores them anonymously.
When you visit this website and use our form, the provider server automatically saves the data that your browser transmits. The server logs contain information about your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that can uniquely identify your browser. The IP address is stored shortened for data protection.
2. Server log files
When accessing this website, certain data is automatically stored in server log files and, if necessary, processed. Your browser automatically transmits this data to the server where our content is hosted. This data includes:
- date and time of request (server request),
- the access method / function desired by the requesting computer,
- Host name of the accessing computer,
- certain inputs transmitted by the requesting computer (e.g. file name),
- your operating system,
- your browser type including the version number, and
- the URL from which the file was requested / requested (referrer URL).
This data is collected anonymously. Therefore, the data cannot be assigned to specific persons and does not allow any conclusions to be drawn about specific persons. In particular, the IP addresses of the requesting computers are not stored. This data is not connected to data of any other sources that lead to the generation of personal data. We reserve the right to check data if we become aware of specific indications for illegal use.
If you visit our website, use our form, or use our services, “cookies” may be placed on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are stored by your browser on your computer. Cookies do not harm your computer and do not contain viruses. They serve to make our offer more user-friendly, effective and secure.
Most of the cookies we use are “session cookies”, i.e. they are automatically deleted after your visit. Other cookies remain stored on your device until you delete them. These cookies allow us to recognize your browser the next time you visit.
4. Facebook plug-ins (“like” button)
This website uses plug-ins from the social network Facebook. Provider is Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA (“Facebook”). You can recognize the Facebook plug-ins by the Facebook logo or the “Like” button” on our website. An overview of the Facebook plug-ins can be found here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
When you visit our website, the plug-in establishes a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook server. Facebook receives information that you are visiting our website with your IP address. If you click on the Facebook “Like” button while logged in to your Facebook account, you can link the contents of our website to your Facebook profile. This allows Facebook to associate your visit to our website with your user account. We are not aware of the content of the transmitted data and its use by Facebook. For more information, see the Facebook Data Policy at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update.
If you do not want Facebook to associate your visit to our website with your Facebook user account, please log out of your Facebook user account prior to visiting the website.
5. Google Analytics
This website uses the web analytics services of Google Analytics. Provider is Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheater Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”. These are text files that are stored on your computer and allow an analysis of your use of this website. The information generated by the cookie on your use of this website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
If you have activated IP anonymization to visit this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google beforehand within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. Google uses this information on our behalf to evaluate your use of our website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide us with other services related to website activity and internet usage. Google may transfer this information to third parties if required by law or as far as third parties process this data on behalf of Google. However, Google will not associate your IP address with other Google data.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting in your browser software. However, please be aware that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. In addition, you may prevent Google from collecting and processing the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading the browser plug-in available under the following link and install: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
We also use Google Analytics to analyze data from AdWords and the Double-Click Cookie for statistical purposes. If you do not want this, you may disable it through the Ads Preferences Manager (http://www.google.com/settings/ads).
6. Google Remarketing
This website uses Google’s remarketing feature. Provider is Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheater Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). The feature is designed to show you ads based on your interests within the Google Network. Your browser will store a “cookie” that recognizes you when you visit web pages that are part of Google’s advertising network. You may then be presented with advertisements relating to content that you previously viewed on websites that use Google’s remarketing feature. Google claims that it does not collect any personal information during this process. However, if you do not want Google’s remarketing feature, you may disable it by making the appropriate settings at http://www.google.com/settings/ads.
7. Microsoft Bing Conversion Tracking
This website uses Microsoft Bing conversion tracking. Provider is Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399, USA. A cookie is set by Microsoft Bing Ads if our website is reached via a Microsoft Bing ad. We and Microsoft Bing can thus see that someone clicked on an ad, was redirected to our website, and reached a predefined landing page (conversion page). We only see the total number of users who clicked on a Bing ad and were then redirected to the conversion page. No personal information about the identity of the user is given. If you do not want to participate in the tracking process, you can reject the required setting of a cookie by browser setting. Further information on data protection and the cookies used can be found on the Microsoft website: http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us
You can prevent the detection by Bing by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: http://choice.microsoft.com/en-US/opt-out
8. Facebook “pixel”
This website uses Facebook’s “pixel” to evaluate and support online marketing efforts. Provider is Facebook, Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). Using the pixel, we can track actions after you’ve seen or clicked a Facebook ad. This allows us to track the effectiveness of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, i.e. we do not see your personal information. However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook. Facebook may also link this data to your Facebook account and use it for its own promotional purposes according to Facebook’s Data Policy (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update). You can enable Facebook and its affiliates to show ads on and off Facebook. A cookie may also be stored on your computer for these purposes.
You can prevent the pixel by clicking on the following link. This sets an opt-out-cookie, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website. For this, you must be logged in to Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#_=_
§ 6 Data collection by payment service providers
§ 7 Your rights to information, revocation, cancellation and blocking
1. Your rights include:
- You have the right to inquire about the personal data collected about you at any time and free of charge.
- At any time and free of charge, you have the right to information about the stored personal data, its origin and any recipients and the purpose of the data processing as well as a right to correction, blocking or deletion of this data.
- You have the right to revoke your consent to the future use of your personal data at any time free of charge.
No reasons have to be given for the exercise of the abovementioned rights.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail (Alcyone Legal GmbH, An der Welle 4, 60322 Frankfurt am Main, Germany).
In order to comply with statutory retention obligations, we are entitled to continue to store data otherwise required for deletion for the duration and to the extent necessary to comply with any legal obligations.