This cooperation agreement (“Agreement”) is concluded between you and Alcyone Legal GmbH (“ALCYONE”) on the basis of your successful registration as a lawyer on this website (i.e. after confirmation of the registration by a representative of ALCYONE’s management). The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) form part of this Agreement.
1. ALCYONE is a limited liability company under German law that brokers legal services for various clients by connecting them with outside counsel (“cooperation lawyers”). ALCYONE does not market own legal services, but rather operates various online legal platforms (“Legal Platforms”). These Legal Platforms connect potential clients with attorneys who are specialized in particular areas of the law. Each Legal Platform deals with a specific area of the law (e.g. tenancy law) or a particular area of life (e.g. Schengen visa matters). One of these Legal Platforms deals with Schengen Visa matters at www.visabuero.com (“VISABUERO Platform”).
2. You are a bar-admitted lawyer with a specific professional subject-area focus on immigration law/Schengen visa matters. You are interested in cooperating with ALCYONE as a freelance cooperation lawyer by retaining clients that reach out via the VISABUERO Platform.
§ 1 Subject of this Agreement
1. You will provide potential clients (customers of the VISABUEO Platform) with free initial advice (“First Advice”). Insofar possible, such First Advice will be standardized. If ALCYONE automates such First Advice, you will provide ALCYONE with the necessary information and data required for such automated First Advice. The First Advice will also include the possibility for a potential client to retain legal services provided by you, including entering into a legal services agreement as well as booking a phone consultation or other forms of advice.
3. Once a client has booked some form of legal service, you will be notified of this (and if applicable of any successful fee payment) and will contact the client to pursue next steps. At any time, the client is your client and you are liable vis-à-vis the client.
4. You will maintain availability at regular office hours (9 a.m. to 8 p.m. at your time). If your availability changes due to illness, you shall notify ALCYONE immediately. If your availability changes due to any other reason (e.g. vacation, legal training), you shall notify ALCYONE at least two weeks in advance. It is, in principle, up to you to organize a substitution lawyer for this time. Please notify ALCYONE immediately if this is not possible.
§ 2 Fee Split
You will receive 80% of the legal fees that ALCYONE receives or that you receive from the client. You will receive 100% of cost compensation received from the client (e.g. travel costs). ALCYONE levies a fixed administrative fee of EUR 75 for each legal services agreement and EUR 25 for each phone consultation agreement.
§ 3 Cooperation
1. You will adhere to the quality standards set by ALCYONE. These include in particular:
- Quick turn-around times;
- Keeping the lawyers at ALCYONE in the loop via BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) when sending e-mails to the client;
- Implementing feedback from ALCYONE to improve future communication between you and the client;
- Full accessibility during office hours, ensuring absence representation; and
- any other reasonable quality measures that do not unduly infringe upon the independence of lawyers.
2. Upon your request you may receive a special e-mail address and a special signature for the purpose of standardizing the appearance of all cooperating lawyers working for the VISABUEO Platform.
3. In the course of this cooperation, you shall not advertise yourself as a lawyer or the services of your law firm. In particular, you shall not refer to your Facebook page or other marketing measures that you employ or that a third party employs on your behalf or that you benefit from. You shall not ask for reviews, likes or any other feedback from clients. You shall not in any way, directly or indirectly, ask the prospective customer/client to avoid further inquiries with the VISABUEO Portal, the other Legal Portals or ALCYONE and rather seek direct contact with you in future cases. If necessary, you may inform the interested party about ALCYONE and the Legal Portals. ALCYONE will conduct regular and widespread surveys to ascertain whether you comply with these commitments. In any case of infringement, ALCYONE has the right to terminate this Agreement without notice. You will pay ALCYONE a lump sum in damages of EUR 5,000.00 for each case of infringement.
§ 4 Liability
1. ALCYONE is liable for breaches of duty or in connection with this contract only for intent or gross negligence.
2. ALCYONE indemnifies you from any liability to any third party in connection with the operation of the VISABUERO Platform. Conversely, you indemnify ALCYONE from any liability to any third party in connection with the attorney-client-relationship and any legal services agreement (including, without limitation, any initial or phone consultation).
§ 5 Contract Period
1. This Agreement is concluded for an indefinite period.
2. The Agreement may at any time be terminated at the end of the month with a three-month notice period. Example: If you give notice on 15 March, this Agreement is terminated on 30 June. Any right of termination for good cause remains unaffected by this. ALCYONE may terminate for good cause in case of a violation of § 3 (3) of these Terms.
3. Each termination needs to be in text form (letter or email) to be valid.
§ 6 Privacy
You understand and agree that ALCYONE collects, processes and uses data resulting from this cooperation agreement and its implementation and transmits them to interested parties to the extent necessary. No client data or any data falling under attorney-client-privilege will be affected by this.
§ 7 Non-Disclosure
You agree to not disclose any details of this Agreement or other matters related to this cooperation that are not subject of public knowledge. All information communicated between the parties is deemed secret and confidential. This obligation will remain in effective even after termination or cancellation of this Agreement. You are not bound by this clause if there is a binding statutory obligation to reveal information.
§ 8 Final Provisions
1. Any oral agreements between the parties are invalid.
2. Should individual provisions of these Terms be or become ineffective, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.In such a case, the parties are obliged to replace the ineffective provision by a legally permissible provision that is compatible with the remaining provisions of these Terms and which comes closest to the economic reason of the ineffective provision.
3. This Agreement, including these Terms, is subject to German law.
4. The courts of Frankfurt am Main, Germany have jurisdiction for all disputes arising from or in connection with this Agreement.